Why is the MultiMedia Journalist a position that matters?
You are pivotal in writing, creating and capturing USO stories and then bringing them to life. Your words will reach current and potential donors, military members and their families, USO volunteers, corporate partners, and entertainers. We are truly looking
for a writer at heart!
Your creative contributions will continue to strengthen the USO brand and mission – that’s why this position is important
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE THE MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST?
- You need to be creative to write Web materials and re-edit existing USO pages. You will write feature stories, news stories and entertainer profiles which target multiple audiences.
- You need to be collaborative in order to accomplish assigned department projects and content updates. This requires close coordination and conferring extensively with assigned departments to research information, gather collaterals, etc.
- You need to be passionate about technology, quick on your feet, and have a sharp eye to produce and edit video content via DSLR camera and turn them into unforgettable feature stories.
- Like any USO employee, you need to demonstrate integrity and trust; respect and appreciation of colleagues; action-orientation; and focus on the USO customer experience.
KEY PRIORITIES INCLUDE:
- Produce compelling written and video stories centered around activations the
USO’s Every Moment Counts campaign
- Develop relationships with key players at the USO’s centers worldwide to unearth stories happening at the local level, for use in both USO global materials and specific USO center websites
- Act as one of the primary content posters for USO.org and the USO blog
- Turn news stories around quickly for both USO.org and the USO blog when necessary
- You will play a key role in supporting multiple content management systems for Web publishing, posting and editing stories, blogs, explanations of services, development and other content as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience, preferably as a writer, editor, video or digital or content producer, or similar position.
- Candidate should have experience working in multiple Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Must be able to follow process plans and content/messaging schedules.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to accomplish organization and departmental goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO’s mission to lift the spirits of America’s troops and their families.
- This position is located in Arlington, VA. Preference will be given to local candidates within commuting distance to the location.
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
- Resume is required for full consideration.